Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Business Trip

Yup--that's what I'm calling it.  The best one EV-ER!!  I have two booths at Relics Antique Mall.  Mick and I have been dreaming of a freelance antique trip stopping at any little town at any appealing flea market buying any sweet thing we want.  And the main purpose of the trip is to stock my booth.  Granted, we may find a few keeper items (pretty sure Mick will find more Christmas goodies) and I am keeping my eyes open for a few items requested by clients (OK, friends and family, but whatever). 

We decided on Springfield, OH as our ultimate destination--flea market extravaganza!!  Really, that's what they call it!  My next request was that we be able to eat at local establishments, or greasy spoons, or hole in the wall restaurants.  So, instead of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, my personal critiques will be of Locals, Greasy Spoons, and Holes.

Here we go! 

Day 1:  Mostly travel.  We stopped at 2 flea markets--one was closed (at 3:30 in the afternoon--called STUFF FOR SALE) and the other in the town of Altamont, IL.  That one was held in storage sheds--interesting.  The stuff was OK, but no deals--looking for deals.

LOCALS, GREASY SPOONS, & HOLES:  I would consider this a local favorite as it was crowded with every age.  We ate at Neimerg's Steakhouse in Effingham, IL.  Thumbs up!!  I had fried chicken and mashed potatoes (one of my very favorite comfort foods).  It came with the salad bar.  They also specialize in pies--every kind imaginable.  Three pieces of chicken, mashed potatoes, salad bar--all for $6.50.  UNBELIEVABLE!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment